Legalize Democracy explains why we need an amendment to the Constitution to make clear:
- Corporations are not people
- Money is not speech
The issue of corporate personhood needs to be specifically addressed. It is not enough to amend Citizens United, which would only impact money as speech.
Big Corporate dollars rule America. Until this is stopped, your party affiliation means diddlysquat. Most Republican and Democrat politicians are influenced by Big Money. (It’s a weakness of human nature.) The issues that you care about, are not the issue to them.
Move to Amend may seem like an impossible endeavor. Take heart. Other great American movements seemed impossible, too:
- Abolition of Slavery – The 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (1865)
- Voting Rights for African American Males – The 15th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (1870)
- Women’s Right to Vote – The 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (1919)
- Voter Age of 18 – The 26th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (1971)
Support Move to Amend
Here’s how you can get involved and support Move to Amend: