Today is ‘United Nations Day.’ It marks the anniversary of the commencement of the UN Charter in 1945. The UN cares about humanitarian issues.
- The UN works for peace
- The UN combats climate change
- The UN promotes human rights
- The UN fights poverty
- The UN helps people in emergencies
- The UN assists refugees
- The UN feeds hungry populations
- The UN promotes maternal health
- The UN vaccinates children
- The UN works for primary education for all
- The UN works to prevent conflict
- The UN promotes disarmament
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon – United Nations Day (2014)
At this time of multiple crises, the United Nations is needed more than ever…. On this United Nations Day, let us reaffirm our commitment to empowering the marginalized and vulnerable, and work in common cause for the common good.
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon