This May: Join a Wave of Resistance to Keep Fossil Fuels In the Ground
BreakFree2016.org says it’s time to break free from fossil fuels. This May 4-15 there will be “a global wave of mass action to target the world’s most dangerous fossil fuel projects, in order to keep coal, oil and gas in the ground and accelerate the just transition to 100% renewable energy.”
Here’s the info. You know what to do.
Break Free Events in the U.S.
“Instead of hundreds of events everywhere, Break Free is made up of strategically chosen actions from coast to coast — targeting key fossil fuel infrastructure, putting direct pressure on decision-makers to keep fossil fuels in the ground, and pointing the way toward clean, renewable solutions.” — Break Free 2016
- May 7 – Philadelphia – Right to Breathe Mobilization.
- May 12 & 14 – Colorado – Break Free Colorado.
- May 13, 14 & 15 – Washington State – Break Free PNW.
- May 14 – Albany – Break Free From Fossil Fuels.
- May 14 – Los Angeles – March to Break Free From Fossil Fuels.
- May 15 – Chicago – Break Free Midwest.
- May 15 – Washington D.C. – Stop Offshore Drilling.