This past Saturday we had the international Climate March. For the record, I want to curate this May Day, May 1, 2017 news report from independent news source, Democracy Now! As per usual, the big picture is interconnected.
Top U.S. & World Headlines – May 1, 2017
Democracy Now! anchor Amy Goodman covers the following news stories, and more.
- International Climate March 2017
- Trump skips White House Correspondents Dinner
- Trump’s NRA speech sets off Rep. Murphy tweet storm
- Pope Francis calls refugee camps “concentration camps”
- Trump invites controversial Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte to White House
- War activity in Middle East
- People protest around the world (i.e., Brazil, Russia)
- May 1st is International Workers Day
We are all connected.